Thursday 10 December 2015

Tiny Embroidered Bags

I always bring a craft project (or three) on holidays wherever we go. It feels wonderfully indulgent to have time to work on these projects at my leisure. 

Many months ago, I bought a stack of these tiny little white cotton bags from Reverse Garbage in Brisbane, a great place to find reclaimed and recyclable materials for all kinds of projects. As soon as I saw them, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them!

The plain white cotton bag, washed and ironed and waiting for some embellishment!

Inspired by the work of Melissa Wastney, of Tiny Happy, I decided to make these into special, reusable bags. Whenever I have a small gift to give, I stitch a botanical motif onto the front of one of these bags using pretty threads from my embroidery stash.


Backstitch for the stem, pink french knots for the buds and lazy daisy stitch for the bloom.


Finished...a quick, easy and portable craft project.

These small embroidered bags sometimes hold soap or knitted washcloths or packages of flower seeds. This one became the pouch for a set of creamy pink, handmade beads for a dear and creative friend that I won't get to see this Christmas. I think she'll like it!





No comments:

Post a Comment