Saturday 9 November 2019

Sweetness on Saturday

As the sky warms here today, and Saturday dawns, from my old verandah chair I watched and listened to daybreak. While the world was only half-awake, I thought of the many sweet and gentle joys in my life: from the way my almost-teenage son still lays his head upon my shoulder to the loving voice of my Mum on the phone; from the warm and happy hugs of dear friends to the generosity of a simple-living blogging community; from the soft yet insistent nudge of a Labrador's wet nose (when dinner is less than one-minute late!) to the creamy petals of a new Magnolia bloom unfurling. While I can hold some of these special things in my hands or capture them on camera, there are many that are tucked away in my heart.

Creamy magnolia petals and honeybee stripes. 
(Such a happy, buzzy bee!)

A slice of homemade birthday cheesecake. 🎂
(On my favourite plate!)

Twinkling lookout lights that sparkle across the night.

Handmade goodness that arrived in my mailbox.
(Thank you, Nana Chel and Judy.) Xx

The soft colours of orchids in my Mother's garden. 💛
(They remind me of a fading sunset.)

May there be some sweetness in your Saturday too. 

Meg Xx










12 comments:

  1. Love the pretty lights...we are looking forward to seeing the Christmas lights on the houses again this year. Have a great day. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The view from up at Mt. Coot-tha at night is very pretty, Kathy. I love looking out over the city. Hope you are enjoying your Saturday! Meg:)

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a perfect Saturday.
    Congratulations on wining Chel’s giveaway. 😊

    I love magnolia. We have a Florida version here. It’s beautiful, but has no fragrance. Do your magnolias have a nice scent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nil. The magnolias I have growing here are a variety called "Little Gem". Their flowers have a subtle, lemony fragrance. The bees love them!
      It was a lovely surprise to win Chel's giveaway. Her friend, Judy, made the little mug rug and tissue holder and they are very sweet. Meg:)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful post, a lovely read for me to start my weekend. I have a teenager like that here, it is so special isn't it? Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your weekend is going well and that there's a lot of sweetness there. It is indeed special when a getting-older child still finds his Mum's shoulder a soft and comforting place to land. Xx

      Delete
  4. Meg, Judy is very talented isn't she. I hope you enjoy your lovely handmade gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy's craft work is lovely, Chel. Thanks ever so much! Meg:)

      Delete
  5. Yours is the 1st post I read this morning, what a beautiful start to my day, thenk you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Marlene. I hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend.
      Meg Xx

      Delete
  6. Those are lovely images. How wonderful that you are so grateful and happy. Your son sounds so sweet, and I love the magnolia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot of joy in my life, Stephanie, and it comes often from the simplest of things. Those magnolias are show stoppers! MegXx

      Delete