A sweet jumble of marshmallows, macadamia nuts, dried cranberries and coconut all held together with white chocolate makes a delicious Rocky Road.
This is the original recipe that I adjusted to suit the ingredients and time I had to make this white chocolate treat.
White Chocolate, Macadamia and Cranberry Rocky Road
* This recipe is not suitable for those with a nut allergy.*
200g white mini marshmallows
60g dried cranberries
100 g macadamia nuts
50 g dessicated coconut
225g white chocolate buttons (e.g. Cadbury "Melts" or similar)
1. Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
2. Blitz dried cranberries and macadamia nuts in food processor until nuts are coarsely
3. Mix mini marshmallows, nuts, cranberries and coconut together in a bowl.
4. Carefully melt white chocolate buttons in microwave, according to instructions on
5. Carefully pour melted white chocolate over marshmallow mix in the bowl.
6. Stir until marshmallow mix is coated with white chocolate.
7. Transfer chocolate-coated mixture into cake tin. Spread out and compact mixture with
back of a wooden spoon.
8. Cover and refrigerate until set.
9. Slice into small sweet squares.
This version of Rocky Road would be a lovely Christmas sweet. It's very easy to make with ingredients that are readily available. It sets quickly in the fridge so is perfect for last minute preparations. And, it would look very festive on a Christmas table or wrapped and tied with a glittery ribbon.
Do you have a favourite version of Rocky Road that you make as a treat or for gifts?