Rolled oats, macadamia nut butter, apricot jam and coconut ... all mixed together in a scrumptious slice that's quick and easy to make and perfect for a morning or afternoon tea treat. Yum!
Moist and delicious slice.
I chanced upon this recipe, for an Oat Slice Sweetened with Jam, in the pages of a healthful magazine. Eleanor Ozich's recipe, which can be found in the online version of said magazine here, is simple and nutritious. I didn't "tinker" with it very much but I did adjust quantities and the method so that I could use my Thermomix for part of the process. You could use a blender. Here's how I made this slice:
Oat and Jam Slice
180g rolled oats
80g dessicated coconut
180g macadamia nut butter
120g apricot jam (*preferably unsweetened*)
2 free-range eggs
*Contains nuts so is not suitable for anyone with a nut allergy.*
1. Preheat your oven to moderate 180C.
2. Combine rolled oats and coconut together in a bowl.
3. Whip together nut butter, jam, eggs and butter in Thermomix or blender until light and
4. Pour frothy nut butter mixture into your dry ingredients and mix lightly until combined.
5. Transfer mixture to a lined slice tin. Spread out evenly with the back of a wooden spoon.
6. Bake for 20minutes until it is golden on top. Cool in the tin before slicing it.
7. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3days ... if it lasts that long!
I recommend a slice or two with a cold glass of creamy milk. The slice will leave you smiling and the milk may leave a milky moustache above your top lip but that's what morning and afternoon tea dreams are made of!
Enjoy your weekend!