Saturday 3 November 2018

Divine Daylily

Coming into bloom in my garden now is a divine Daylily;  gently ruffled petals of the softest peachy-pink, and with a single white stripe, surround its yellow centre. I think it's exquisite!

Beautiful Daylily.

As its name alludes to, the Daylily's open blooms only last for one single day but their fleeting beauty reminds me to appreciate and enjoy them as they flower. 

The promise of a gorgeous flower. 

Tightly closed buds.

One beautiful bloom opens. 

I began with just one of these beautiful Daylilies; a gift from my mother-in-law from her garden to mine. I divided that clump when it was ready and now, through propogation, have even more of this particular Daylily, which I think might be Across the Galaxy, growing in my garden. All this beauty for free!

Daylilies are easy to grow and care for. They are hardy and drought tolerant too. You can even eat the flowers! Best of all though, they come in a huge variety of gorgeous colours. (The Mountain View Daylily Nursery website has some beautiful photos of different Daylilies in their online catalogue.)  I would love to grow a rainbow of them!

Hmm ... perhaps I will ask for a new Daylily variety in my Christmas stocking this year. 

Meg

p.s. I am not affiliated with The Mountain View Daylily Nursery in any way. It is a nursery not far from where I live, at Maleny in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. So, if I were to source a new Daylily, this is where I'd consider buying it from as it's the most local to me.





17 comments:

  1. Hi Meg,
    That is such a beautiful flower I love it’s ruffles❤️ Fi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty, Fi. Daylilies really are such an easy plants to grow. Meg:)

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous flower, I particularly love the stripes on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On a cold and frosty morning here in UK, lovely to see your post, so full of warmth and colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds very Wintery where you live, Marlene. I'm glad my post has provided a little warmth on such a cold day. Meg:)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful daylily! I've never seen that color. I think around here, the deer love to eat them. :) Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, no deer here to munch on them, Andrea. However, there is a Labrador who likes to tromp through them at times;) Meg

      Delete
  5. My daylilies are in bloom again, too! The color of yours is lovely. I have been meaning to take a picture of mine. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see what colours your Daylilies are, Stephenie. I hope you'll post a photo. Meg:)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I think it most lovely too, Fiona. 🙂

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I'd love to grow some different Daylilies, Kathy. I think the different colours are glorious! Meg:)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. They are lovely in the garden, Nil. I will be keeping my eye out for different ones to plant. Meg:)

      Delete
  9. That is a lovely daylily. I had some growing in my garden, at one time, but, unfortunately, they all died!

    ReplyDelete