Tuesday 8 March 2016

Mini Gingerbread Muffins

When I think of gingerbread, images of crisp and jolly gingerbread people in bakery displays come to mind. They look so tempting with their iced faces and sultana buttons. These little gingerbread muffins, with their combination of warming spices and sweet honey, are just as delicious. 

Sweet and gingery mini muffins.

The recipe I follow to make these gingery, sweet mini muffins belongs to Jo, of the blog, Quirky Cooking. I make the mixture up in my Thermomix but, as Jo says on her recipe page, you could easily make the batter up in a pan on the stove. 

Warm, thick and spicy muffin batter.

Waiting to be baked.

Golden and moist.


These little muffins are golden, moist and perfect for adding a little sweetness to a morning or afternoon tea or a child's lunchbox.

Meg



2 comments:

  1. I love the sound of these I might try and adapt it to a sugar free recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Fiona. I use less sugar and less honey than the recipe calls for but I think you could adapt them easily too. You could try rice malt syrup in place of honey which should decrease the fructose factor significantly. I use coconut sugar instead of the rapadura that the recipe lists but what about just replacing that sweet ingredient with something non-sweet. You'd still have a level of sweetness from the rice malt syrup and the spices too for taste.

      Delete